Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on Stroke of Beauty’s website.
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, cell phone number and phone number
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising.
- Billing Information such as credit card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history and marketing preferences
- Gender, age and date of birth
- Your physical characteristics and skincare concerns
- Family Information such as child name, age and weight
- Email addresses and contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Information provided to us through social networks when you visit our social media pages (such as your name, screen name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or in application sigh-up page.
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages and operating system. We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment card and / or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
- Assist you with product selection and replenishment, including through our in-store customer registry
- Respond to your requests, questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interest and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at:
Information Collected from You About Others
If you decide to invite a third party to create an account, we will collect your and the third party's names and email addresses in order to send an email and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party's names and email addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), visit our social media pages or download and use one of our mobile applications, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMAIN LOGGED IN, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT ANYONE WITH ACCESS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR MOBILE ACCOUNT AND MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE PURCHASES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
Information You Provide to Facebook and other Social Networking Sites
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have authorized the sharing of mobile information. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the mobile application, and information about the type of device you use.
If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to provide the retail locator function. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, and we do not authorize the collection of our members' or visitors' personally identifiable information by any third parties for the third parties' use.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
If Stroke of Beauty engages in a joint promotion with an affiliate and/or partner, we may share your contact information with our affiliate and/or partner to be used in relation to the promotion.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
If Stroke of Beauty is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Third Party Websites
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, updating your communications preferences in your membership account on our website or contacting us at:
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the "preferences" section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Web Server Logs
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social network pages or our mobile applications, such as Google Analytics or similar. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at:
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Do Not Track Notice
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Stroke of Beauty by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stroke of Beauty is not an entity that is covered by HIPAA. The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the "covered entities") and their service providers ("business associates"). This means that the information that you provide to Stroke of Beauty is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
A Note to Users Outside of the United States